Buyers: What a REALTORŪ Can Do for You
The REALTORŪ you work with can be one of your most valuable resources in the home buying process. Unlike many real estate agents who are simply licensed by their state to do business, REALTORSŪ have taken additional steps to become members of the local board of REALTORSŪ and have agreed to act under and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics. Here is what a REALTORŪ can do for you:
- A REALTORŪ can help you determine the price you can afford.
- A REALTORŪ can often suggest ways to accrue a down payment and explain alternative financing methods.
- A REALTORŪ, in addition to knowing the local money market, also can tell you what personal and financial data to bring when you apply for a loan.
- A REALTORŪ is already familiar with current real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of local zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- A REALTORŪ can usually research your housing needs in advance through a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) - even if you are relocating from another city.
- A REALTORŪ can show you only those homes best suited to your needs: size, style, features, location, and accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping and other personal preferences.
- A REALTORŪ often can suggest simple, imaginative changes that make a home more suitable for you and that will improve its utility and value.
- A REALTORŪ is sensitive to the importance you place on this major purchase and commitment that you are about to make.
- A REALTORŪ can facilitate negotiation of a win-win agreement that will satisfy both you and the seller.